- You are here: Homepage »
DayStar QUARK H-alpha filter chromosphere
- 1 679,00 €
Daystar Instruments QUARK - eyepiece side H-alpha Filter System for Chromosphere
The first one-piece H-Alpha filter system for refractors from f/9 to f/4
This new, all-in-one design marries high quality components of a telecentric barlow, adapters, snouts and Daystar hydrogen alpha filter into one simple assembly.
For use on refractors of F/4 to F/9, the user needn´t worry about optical configurations. Just insert in your diagonal, add an eyepiece and view.
The QUARK contains a custom Daystar Instruments 4.2X telecentric Barlow lens fully optimized in coatings and optical design specifically for the Hydrogen Alpha wavelength. This highly specialized telecentric lens offers superior field flatness.
Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final telescope application, so QUARK assemblies are qualified to show either prominence or surface (chromosphere). No specific FWHM bandpass is designated. Now observers can buy a filter based on their desired observing goals instead of their budget. Choose prominences and surface (Chromosphere) detail.
The fully optimized design eliminates the need for any adapters. It´s all combined in one lightweight eyepiece sized device. The new, compact design configuration eliminates unnecessary components, weight and associated costs. We even reduced power consumption, so the Quark can now operate all day off a small, palm-sized optional battery pack. Baffles have been added to increase contrast and AR coatings are optimized for the 656 nm wavelength.
2 Versions: Prominence or Chromosphere - this version is for Chromosphere.
Prominence: prominences of the sun
Chromosphere: H-Alpha details on the surface of the sun (solar disc)
- 1.25" or 2.0" combo eyepiece snouts with safety indent slot directly into your diagonal
- Standard 1.25 eyepiece drawtube output with optional 2" and SCT accessories available.
- Brass compression ring to protect eyepiece.
- Uses USB power, 5 V 1.5 A
- Includes 90-240 V AC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5 Å with detents at every 0.1 Å
- LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault
- 5 year warranty from Daystar
- Optional 8-hour battery pack available.
- Integrated, fully baffled 2 element telecentric 4.2X barlow optimized for 656 nm
- Integrated 12 mm blocking filter
- 21 mm clear filter aperture
- Best performance with F/4 - F/8 refractors
- Full disk viewing possible on refractors up to ~450 mm focal length refractors
- No aperture limitations. May be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views (needs ERF filter in front of lens)
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
- Not suited for off-axis application.
- The 2" adapter on the telescope side can be removed. than you have a female M48x0.75 thread for adaptions
- PostNord Parcel locker
- 0,00 €
- PostNord Home deliver
- 19,00 €
- PickUp Parcel
- 0,00 €
- Delivery time to EU 2-5 days. Pick up delivery
- UPS Standard
- 14,90 €
- Delivery to Europe in 2 to 5 days.
- DHL Economy Select
- 14,90 €