Omegon AC 80/400 (AZ3)
- 245,65 €
- Recommended price
- 289,00 €
- In stock
Omegon 80/400 AZ -3 - compact travel telescope
A long time travelling on a long journey, an adventurer in the sky - comets are wanderers from the depths of our solar system and some come to visit us. Look up at the sky and marvel at the astronomical show. The Omegon 80/400 AZ-3 is an optimal companion for your observation.
This telescope is so light and so compact that you can simply pick it up and carry it outside to point at comets. It also provides a really wide field of view with its 80mm aperture and 400mm focal length. The slow-motions on the AZ- 3 mount let you easily get on the heels of comets and find them virtually automatically.
The 80/400 optics - For heaven and Earth
Whether for astronomical or terrestrial observing - the Omegon 80/400 OTA lets you do both. This type of telescope has become known as a 'rich field' telescope or a 'comet finder'. The field of view is just so large that you can take in a huge swathe of the night sky. Comet searchers appreciate telescopes with short focal lengths. Great for 'space walks' - of course the telescope also provides great views of the famous Andromeda galaxy and many open clusters.
Are you also a keen nature-watcher? Then you can also use this telescope for observing deer near a forest's edge, steep cliffs with chamois in the mountains, or distant ships on a lake. And when it gets dark, then you can dive into the universe once again.
The Omegon AZ-3 mount - Precision tracking via slow-motions on both axes
An altazimuth mount with slow motion controls on two axes - the AZ-3 mount lets you follow any object, whether in the night sky or on the earth. Simply put the object in the field of view, and then use the slow motion controls to track the object in the direction required as you are observing it. So your mount lets you easily follow objects - even at higher magnifications. This means you are free to enjoy your observing more, as the tracking is entirely intuitive.
A large central screw lets you decide whether you prefer to track horizontally (e.g. when terrestrially observing) or track while pointing upwards at the sky. This allows you to reach any point you want to observe. The telescope mount lets you move in any direction to give you the all-round view you need - the AZ-3 mount is fully 360° rotatable.
The advantages in a nutshell:
- short focal length cometary telescope
- huge field of view for great visual panoramas
- live comets - ideal for finding currently visible comets
- also suitable for observing other extended astronomical objects
- wide range of magnifications possible - accepts standard 1.25" eyepieces
- AZ-3 mount and tripod provide a stable base for the optics
- accurately track astronomical objects - slow-motions on both axes
- Aperture: 80 mm
- Focal length: 400 mm
- Focal ratio: f/5
The product includes:
- Omegon AC 80/400 telescope
- AZ3 mount
- Red dot finder
- 25 mm and 10 mm eyepieces (1.25")
- 90 degree star diagonal (1.25")
- 15,90 €
- European delivery 2-5 days.
- PostNord Parcel locker
- 5,90 €
- PostNord Home deliver
- 19,00 €
- Environmentally friendly delivery to your door at the agreed time. Trackable deliveries in real time even in the evenings in the biggest cities. Change your delivery as required.
- UPS Standard
- 14,90 €
- Delivery to Europe in 2 to 5 days.
- 5,90 €
- 12,90 €