Lunt LS80MT/B1800FT Multipurpose APO
- 8 849,00 €
Modular designed multipurpose telescope, both for observing the sun in the H-alpha wavelength, as well as for night sky observations. Easy conversion between the different applications with a few simple steps. 2-lens ED APO telescope with FPL-53 glass, 80mm aperture and 560mm focal length - very good image quality for H-Alpha solar observation and also for observing the starry sky at night.
With innovative air pressure tuning system, excellent 2 inch (50.8mm) Feather-Touch focuser, and B1800 blocking filter.
Solar observing in H-alpha:
The LS80MT/B1800 is a complete telescope for observing the sun in H-alpha light, with 80mm free aperture (no central obstruction) and 560mm focal length. The H-alpha wavelength is the most impressive way to observe the sun, showing protuberances at the sun's edge, filaments and flares on the surface, and much more. An internal Etalon filter achieves a bandwidth of <0.7 Angstrom with the innovative air pressure tuning system Pressure-Tuner. Tuning is done by slightly changing the air pressure in a pressure chamber inside the telescope. This changes the refractive index of the air, making it easy to tune to the H-alpha line. The pressure tuner guarantees a homogeneous image, without central obstruction, and a permanently protected Etalon without erosion. A set of collimating lenses installed in the telescope ensures best performance.
Fine adjustment is achieved with a excellent 2 inch Feather-Touch focuser from Starlight-Instruments with 10:1 reduction.
Blocking-filter is the B1800. The B1800 is very good for visual solar observing and also for photography.
The star diagonal in which the blocking filter is installed, is equipped as standard for 1.25 inch eyepieces and with a T2 camera connection.
We recommend a mono camera with IMX174 sensor if you want to shoot with this solar telescope.
Observing the starry night sky:
The H-Alpha Etalon system can be removed from the telescope in a few easy steps thanks to its modular design. With the additionally available conversion kit (item number 0551330) the 2-lens ED APO refractor can then be used as a normal telescope with 80mm aperture and 560mm focal length for observation and photography of the night sky. The FPL-53 doublet lens offers an low colour aberration image. Common 2 inch star diagonals can be used at the high quality R&P focuser of the conversion kit.
Please note that the optionally available conversion kit 0551330 is absolutely necessary if the telescope should be used at night.
With additionally available accessories the LS80MT offers even more possibilities!
The LS80MT telescope can optionally be upgraded with the additionally available double-stack module DSII/SFPT. The DSII system is a internal double-stack module. Thereby a bandwidth of <0.5 Angstrom is achieved for H-alpha solar observation. Therefore much more details on the solar surface will become visible.
- Solar observing in White-Light
If the H-alpha unit has been removed, of course either a sun filter to be installed in front of the objective, or a Herschel-wedge at the focuser can be used to observe the sunspots in White-Light.
- Solar observing in Ca-K wavelength
Certainly, the Ca-K filter modules from Lunt Solar Systems can also be used at the LS80MT to observe and photograph super-granulation and other effects visible in this wavelength on the sun.
This makes the LS80MT a completely universal usable ED APO telescope of very good quality!
- 2-lens ED APO refractor, FPL-53
- Aperture: 80mm (no central obstruction)
- Focal length: 560mm
- Bandwidth: internal Etalon with <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: air pressure tuning system Pressure-Tuner
- Blocking filter: B1800 with 1.25" and T2 connection
- Focuser: Feather-Touch with 10:1 reduction
- Two tube-ring with handle
- Sol-Searcher installed inside handle
- Dovetail bar at GP-level for astronomical mounts
- Weight: 4.95kg
- Length with blocking filter and dew-shield: 62cm
- Length without blocking filter and removed dew-shield: 50cm
SCOPE OF DELIVERY
- LS80MT Multipurpose Telescope
- B1800 blocking filter in star-diagonal housing
- 2" Feather-Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction
- Tube rings with dovetail bar and sol-searcher
- Transport case (78x33x23cm)
- Instruction manual
- 15,90 €
- European delivery 2-5 days.
- PostNord Parcel locker
- 5,90 €
- PostNord Home deliver
- 19,00 €
- Environmentally friendly delivery to your door at the agreed time. Trackable deliveries in real time even in the evenings in the biggest cities. Change your delivery as required.
- UPS Standard
- 14,90 €
- Delivery to Europe in 2 to 5 days.
- 5,90 €
- 12,90 €